At Lafayette Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry, we have always practiced universal precautions and surpassed the recommendations of the CDC, the American Dental Association (ADA), and Indiana Dental Association (IDA) guidelines:
- Wearing gloves, masks, and glasses
- Ultrasonic cleaning and sterilization of dental equipment
- Ultrasonic cleaning and sterilization of drill
- Any supplies that are not able to be sterilized are thrown away and new supplies are used for each patient
- All rooms and surfaces are disinfected
- Fresh water supply and sterilization
- Individual water systems in each room
Our highest priority is protecting you, our patient, and our staff.
In addition to what we’ve always been practicing, we will be following and once again exceeding the CDC, ADA, and IDA guidelines with these additional measures:
- We have removed the use of our waiting room in order to practice safe distancing and removed all toys, magazines, and brochures.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for patient usage.
- We will be minimizing the back and forth of paper, so we are going to be requesting payment over the phone prior to your appointment to keep you and our team safe.
- We have added office equipment that will provide additional disinfection and purification.
- In all procedures where aerosol is present, you will see one or more of the following tools/equipment: high-velocity evacuation, rubber dam, and/or Isodry to control aerosols during procedures.
When it is time for your next appointment, you may see some additional changes for patient and staff safety, along with our already strict infection control protocols:
- We will call with a COVID pre-screening questionnaire 48-72 hours prior to your appointment, which will be given again upon arrival at your appointment
- When arriving for your appointment, please wait in your vehicle and check-in by phone. We will let you know if your treatment room is ready for your entry.
- No additional guests may attend the appointment with the patient (with the exception of those needing special assistance determined on a case-by-case basis)
- Patient’s temperature will be taken upon arrival through the first set of doors
- If you don’t arrive wearing a mask, one will be given to you and you will be expected to wear it until the doctor or assistant ask you to remove it.
- You are invited to use the hand sanitizer readily available throughout the office
- We prefer credit/debit card payment prior to your appointment to limit the paper exchange. If you chose to pay by check, we ask that you leave it in our while mailbox outside the office.
Convenient Appointment Times
For added convenience, we will be extending our hours. The office will be open Monday-Wednesday 8am-5pm and alternating every other Thursday and Friday 8am-5pm.
Our team will be reaching out to patients whose appointments have been canceled due to the shutdown as well as confirming/rescheduling any upcoming appointments. To assist us with providing optimal care for all of our patients, we appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we work to adjust the schedule to accommodate the new safety protocols.
We understand these times are hard. We have always worked with patients on financing and will continue to do so as we move through this pandemic. We will continue to file insurance claims, as we always have. If you choose to pay-in-full prior to your appointment, you will receive a 5% pre-pay discount.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 765-447-7887.
As always, we will provide you the highest possible quality of care. Our protocols with sterilization and disinfection will provide a safe environment for not only our patients but for our team as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.
Thank you for entrusting us with your oral health.